Cost Accountant & Financial Analyst
Rack & Riddle is seeking a skilled cost accounting and financial analyst to oversee the cost accounting, support inventory management objectives, and support the CFO with analysis of the Company’s operations. This position will be responsible for developing data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information and conducting ongoing analysis of costing standards, capacity and process constraints, margin analysis, and analysis of variances. In addition, the position will assist in the implementation of NetSuite and requires previous experience with working in ERP systems.
The ideal candidate will have worked in the wine industry or manufacturing and has a strong understanding of cost accounting principles as well as experience with operational analysis. This is a dynamic role that will interface with all levels of the organization including production line managers, winemaking teams, and the executive team.
Reporting Relationship: CFO/Controller
Rack & Riddle
499 Moore Lane
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Essential Job Duties:
The following reflects the essential function of this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, and/or manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing budget costs to actual production costs; this includes product margin reporting and analytics
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Performs activities covering materials and production costs, costs of sales, product development, overhead, etc.
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems
- Assist in the maintenance of the inventory system with integrity and standardization
- Assists Supply Chain in physical inventory counts and cycle counts
- Investigate inventory counts and cycle counting variances and resolve issues
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials for labor and overhead
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses
- Report on margins by product and production lines
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances
- Assist with the implementation of NetSuite and setting up costing processes within the new system
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent and 3+ years of cost accounting/finance experience or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of finance, managerial accounting, budgeting and cost control procedures
- Ability to balance and reconcile records kept and be able to research and resolve any unbalanced issues involved in the accounting procedures
- Job costing or process costing experience
- Complete understanding of FIFO, average costing and standard costing
- Strong technical skills involving inventory reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close
- Solid decision-making skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Capacity to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines; work on multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and advanced in Excel programs and other accounting programs as needed and ability to learn new programs quickly
- Experience with ERP systems including NetSuite, Sage, SAP, MS Dynamics or other similar system
- Experience manipulating large databases.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Type of Work:
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.