Data Support Specialist
Rack & Riddle is seeking a candidate for the position of Data Support Specialist – Operations. This position is part of the operations support team and has a strong focus on computer system accuracy. Maintains and processes accurate and timely system records that support operational efficiency and effective flow of information. Working with customers, suppliers and winery staff, this role facilitates accurate computer system set-up and shop floor support documents (production packets). Reviews completed shop floor documents and computer system updates for accuracy. Works with appropriate teams and individuals to reconcile data and prepare for computer system updates. Responsible for work order (WO) completions input into the primary tracking system. Communicates timely daily production data to all internal and external teams as required. Maintains and updates management report documents. Provides data and analysis for any inventory questions and reconciliations. Focus on timely month-end data reconciliation and system updates to facilitate regulatory/government/financial reporting activity.
• Assimilates production requirements information and ensures computer system data set-up is correct for shop floor support documents. Prepares required shop floor documents (production packets)
• Collects completed shop floor and Cellar documents/computer system input data.
• Facilitates end of run reconciliation process for packaging operations:
o Works with the operations support team, Cellar, Winemaking, and Warehouse teams as needed to validate completion data.
• Communicates timely daily production data to internal (Business Development, Finance, Winemaking, operations support team) and external customers.
• Updates management reporting data.
• Inputs accurate and timely WO (work order) completion data to company tracking system.
o Cellar work order completions:
• For wine gallon tracking to meet government reporting requirements
• For timely/accurate data for Winemaking requirements
o Production work order completions:
• For timely finished goods inventory prepared for shipment
• For timely reporting to customers
• For accurate billing and costing information:
• Identifies and reports system mismatches between the inventory management system and the company tracking system.
• Works closely with Cellar, Winemaking, and Warehouse staff to ensure system inventory is accurately reflected in the company tracking system. Supports month end inventory report requirements. Prepares data for the completion of the monthly TTB compliance reporting.
• Supports appropriate cycle counting and physical inventory reconciliation processes.
• Troubleshoots and fixes any system errors.
• Embraces and acts as a role model for a company culture that strives for a safe and teamwork-oriented environment that focuses on customer gratification by delivering high quality goods and service.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Must possess high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through in all tasks.
• Computer and systems capability – including MS Office Suite/Excel, ERP, winery management software and other production/materials applications.
• Customer service orientation and focus.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual (English, Spanish) a plus.
• Post high school education or 3-5 years of experience in warehouse, production and materials control roles. College degree a plus
• Experience and exposure in materials, inventory, production, or warehouse desired.
• Ability and desire to work collaboratively within cross-functional team environment.
• Ability to work safely and accurately in a fast-paced environment is required
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rack & Riddle
499 Moore Lane
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.