FOOD SAFETY/COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Rack & Riddle Custom Wine Services is a full-service custom crush winery and automated bottling facility. They have three facilities in California. Their new state-of-the-art facilities have increased winemaking space, automated bottling capabilities, and have ample stainless-steel tank and tirage storage capacities. Today, Rack & Riddle’s team has grown to more than 95 employees, including: an on-site lab team, an award-winning winemaking team, and an exceptional business development, production, and cellar staff.
Food Safety/Compliance Manager
The Food Safety/Compliance Manager will be responsible for implementing an SQF System, while enhancing and expanding Rack & Riddle’s current HACCP-based GMP program. This position is expected to cultivate an enthusiastic and passionate food safety culture. The Food Safety/Compliance Manager will be expected to audit the food safety and compliance programs and propose improvements to Rack & Riddle’s senior management team, who are dedicated to providing necessary resources to meet objectives.
The Food Safety/Compliance Manager is also responsible for maintaining all regulatory compliance licenses and registrations, while coordinating regulatory and third-party audits. This position will include oversight of the Pest Control, Work Safety, and CCOF programs.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Implement SQF System.
- Maintain, enforce, and improve HACCP-based GMP program and Food Safety Plan.
- Organize and lead food safety meetings and oversee required trainings. Maintain meeting and training calendar and prepare quizzes.
- Oversee documentation review – ensure that all policies, SOP’s, CCP monitoring documents, CAPA’s, tracking activities, reports, and meeting minutes associated with all the above activities, are managed.
- Mentor and develop the food safety team with coaching and training.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of FSMA.
- Promote food safety culture.
- Plan, schedule, and/or coordinate all regulatory, third-party audits, and customer audits with complete and timely follow up and closure.
- Conduct all internal facility food safety audits, with complete and timely follow up and closure.
- Oversee and participate in reconciliation of customer complaints and corrective actions.
- Maintain regulatory compliance license and registrations with FDA, USDA, and CDPH.
- Keep current on all regulatory and food safety matters, policies, and federal rulings. Maintain a database of all permits, licenses, & certifications.
- Communicate regulatory changes to all relevant parties and senior management to maintain compliance and adherence to local, state, and federal requirements.
- Oversee and enforce the facility’s work safety program with external partner based on OSHA requirements.
- Oversee and enforce the Pest Control programs, with coordination and support from accredited external partners.
- Manage CCOF submissions, upkeep material’s list and certificates, and lead audits.
- Work in tandem with the senior management team to set key performance objectives and deadlines for facility improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Microbiology, Food Science, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Food Safety & Quality Assurance management experience leading large teams in multiple geographies.
- Experience developing and implementing functional HACCP/SQF programs, environmental analysis programs, pest control programs, and OSHA working requirements.
- Experience developing, implementing, and training Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience working with Regulatory Affairs (USDA & FDA & OSHA) and direct involvement with federal audits and programs.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, and the ability to develop and manage high performing teams.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.