Harvest Cellar Worker
Rack & Riddle Custom Wine Services, the North Bay Area’s premier custom crush and winemaking facility is currently looking to fill several seasonal harvest positions. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to all phases of cellar work from crush operations, additions and barrel work as well as assisting in the lab as needed. This is a seasonal position, depending on the timing of the harvest. Since we process Sparkling and Still grapes, harvest will typically start beginning of August and run until end of October. Starting and ending dates are flexible and subject to change. AM and PM positions available.
Bonus available for completing the Harvest with us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tank and barrel additions
- Juice/wine racking and transferring to tank and tankers
- Pump-overs and punch-downs
- Removing pomace from tanks
- Barrel filling, topping and stirring
- Fermentation monitoring – Brix/temperature
- Tank and equipment sanitation
- Filling out work orders
- Previous crush experience and knowledge of winery cellar and/or lab procedures is preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
- Must be in good physical condition to work outdoors in cool and hot temperatures
- Ability to work safely and accurately in a fast-paced environment is required
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs. and work at catwalk heights of 25 feet
- Must be able to work nights, overtime and weekends
- Hours: Seasonal Full Time (plus overtime)
- Ability to work individually and within team to achieve daily cellar goals
- Ability to read/understand work orders
Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Job requires candidate to be able to work on their feet for long periods, including the ability to go up and down stairs and bending are required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.