Harvest Viticulture Intern
Rack and Riddle Custom Wine Services is a custom crush facility specializing in Sparkling wines. We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated interns to join our team. This is an opportunity to gain hands on experience with many facets of harvest activity, with a focus on Vineyard evaluation and grape maturity analysis. We are looking for interns with the long-term goal of wine industry involvement. The company is seeking to hire harvest interns to start in the May-July time frame, working through end of harvest.
Bonus available for completing the Harvest with us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Visiting and monitoring vineyards for vine & grape maturity
- Vineyard scouting for powdery mildew, mold, pests & disease
- Maintaining and updating vineyard evaluation binder with Maps, Vineyard contacts & pictures
- Sampling grapes in vineyards for maturity & ripeness
- Analysis of grapes for maturity controls
- Data entry and reporting of laboratory analysis
- Assist winemaking with picking decisions based on actual and projected maturity targets
- Assist winemaking on truck scale and crush pad with additions to grapes and juice
- Assist winemaking with large scale trials in the cellar
- Monitoring fermentations
- Must have excellent multitasking skills, good computer skills, be able to work with Excel and Word
- Must be team-oriented and self-motivated
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills analyzing issues with positive results
- Able to prioritize workload and efficiently handle deadlines with focused attention to detail
- Valid CA Driver’s License
Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Job requires candidate to be able to work on their feet for long periods, including the ability to go up and down stairs and bending are required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.