Inventory and Warehouse Manager
This position is responsible for managing winery materials, in-process (tirage), and
finished goods inventory. Leads the processes for materials receiving and inventory control,
utilizing inventory management software, and the tools in the NetSuite ERP system.
Working with the Operations Data support team, this role ensures that all system inventory
support processes are set-up and are effectively managing inventory. Manages cycle and
year-end counts for key customers and internal financial accounting for inventory accuracy.
Provides support for optimizing warehouse layout and process flow for all operations.
Schedules the inter-warehouse movements of inventory including the key 3PL provider.
- Plans and facilitates material flow that is synchronized with daily, weekly and monthly
production schedules while optimizing site and warehouse space constraints.
- Actively supports the operations team with warehouse layout to determine optimal
storage requirements for upcoming production, incoming production supplies, and
- Works closely with the Operations Data Support staff to set up, maintain and manage
all supplies/packaging materials in the ERP system. Ensuring customer, category
and project accounting functionality and integrity.
- Proactively ensures that multiple system inventories are synchronized (including 3PL
- Proactively ensures system inventories are correct in support of material readiness
for each project and “pre-kitted” line delivery/staging as appropriate.
- Working closely with the Logistics & Shipping/Receiving Manager, sets plans for the
glass delivery requirements to meet production schedules.
- Works with the Director of Operations for forklift coverage to provide packaging
materials staging to packaging operations, materials receiving and materials
- Communicates with winery staff, customers and/or suppliers, as needed, if material
receipts are not compliant with specs and delivery requirements. Supports and seeks
to mitigate impact to operations.
- Facilitates accurate and timely supplies and finished goods reports to communicate
- Accountable for inventory control and accuracy of all supplies, and responsible for
implementing appropriate cycle counting and physical inventory processes.
- Manges the WMS system, providing operational support, training, and troubleshooting. Coordinates the hardware requirements with the IT support services.
- Spearheads continuous improvement initiatives that will drive better operational efficiencies and increased capacities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Embraces and acts as role model for a company culture that strives for customer gratification, delivers high quality goods and service and promotes effective and efficient productivity through open communication and teamwork.
- Reports to Senior Supply Chain Manager
- Packaging Operations
- Quality Assurance
- Cellar Operations
- Business Development
- 4 year degree desired (will consider applicable equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in bottling, production, and supply management
- Demonstrated capability in materials management, inventory control and
- Computer and systems proficiency – including MS Office Suite/Excel, winery
management or ERP software, WMS and other production/materials applications.
- Customer service orientation and focus with excellent written and verbal
communication skills (bi-lingual a plus).
- Proven leadership, strong interdependent partnering and ability to manage/influence
- Strong organization and multi-tasking required.
- Inventory and warehouse management experience desired – including layout/design
for optimization of resource and space.
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively within cross-functional team environment.
- Must possess high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through in all
Hiring Range – $75,000 – $90,000/year
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an EOE.
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.