Rack & Riddle Custom Wine Services is a full-service custom crush winery and automated bottling facility. Their new state-of-the-art facilities have increased winemaking space, automated bottling capabilities, and have ample stainless-steel tank and tirage storage capacities. Today, Rack & Riddle’s team has grown to more than 95 employees, including: an on-site lab team, an award-winning winemaking team, and an exceptional business development, production, and cellar staff.
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for managing, auditing, and performing laboratory analysis and reviewing data reported by the 2 Rack & Riddle laboratories. This position is expected to coordinate with the winemaking, cellar, and production teams to ensure accurate and quality data for all wines. Oversee the implementation, execution, and continuous improvement of the laboratory protocols.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing work schedules in consultation with the Winemaking team
- Responsible for the review and accuracy of all lab analysis and data entry
- Maintain a high level of communication with department managers to ensure efficient and effective wine management
- Responsible for understanding and training all safety procedures, including hazardous materials handling, storage, and disposal
- Audit, revise and create Lab SOP’s
- Hire Laboratory technicians and Harvest Interns
- Trains new employees on lab techniques and sampling
- Supervise and ensure proper performances from assigned staff
- Work with QC Manager to audit and improve quality control processes in production
- Responsible for scheduling maintenance, troubleshooting, and training of Laboratory equipment
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining and performing cost analysis of lab supplies
- Responsible for scheduling tastings per winemaker’s direction
- Report lab results to custom crush clients and internal departments
- Manage Laboratory budget, audit laboratory equipment and personnel need and submit proposals for capital project requests
- R&D of new product lines
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and 5+ years in Laboratory management or related experience at a winery
- Proficient in performing all analytical tests in the laboratory and able to troubleshoot procedural and equipment issues.
- Expertise and experience creating policy and procedure manuals related to health and safety and general laboratory protocols required.
- Must be team-oriented and self-motivated
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills analyzing issues with positive results.
- Able to prioritize workload and efficiently handle deadlines with focused attention to detail
- Must be able to able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Rack & Riddle is an EOE and a drug free workplace
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
The Best of All Things Sparkling™
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.