The primary responsibilities of this position will be performing laboratory analysis on all still and sparkling wines. This lab technician will work with the rest of the lab team on routine lab analysis, fermentation checks, sparkling wine monitoring, sample prep as well as provide laboratory support for all production activities.
Rack & Riddle
499 Moore Lane
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibilities include analyzing all grapes, juices and wine in our multiple facilities
• Set up bench trials to determine dosage, acidification, de-acidification and bentonite additions to wines
• Responsible for understanding all safety procedures including hazardous materials handling, storage and disposal
• Performs juice and wine analyses via wet chemistry and with automated lab instrumentation
• Responsible for the review and accuracy of all lab analysis and data entry
• Cleans and maintains quality of laboratory instruments
• Prepare and standardize all necessary reagents used in the laboratory
• Be able to work extended hours and weekends during crush
• Performs special projects as requested
• Keeps laboratory clean and maintains supply of clean glassware
• 3-5 Years working in a Laboratory and or working in wine cellar
• Experience with microbiological plating and collecting procedures
• Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Enology, or other similar degree
• Must have excellent multitasking skills, good computer skills, be able to work with Excel and Word
• Must be team-oriented and self-motivated
• Must have excellent problem solving skills analyzing issues with positive results
• Able to prioritize workload and efficiently handle deadlines with focused attention to detail
The lab presents a unique environment that requires performing tasks of a repetitious nature, the ability to change job priorities and the need for speed, accuracy and precision to ensure the highest quality standards. Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Job requires candidate to be able to work on their feet for long periods, including the ability to go up and down stairs and bending are required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.