The Senior Accountant is primarily responsible for the Company’s record keeping activities by completing and reviewing data entry for financial transactions, creating reports and reconciling accounts to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness. Financial transactions will involve posting information to the accounting software such as sales and purchase orders, customer invoices, vendor/supplier invoices and payments, inventory, fixed assets, and general ledger manual entries. The ideal candidate will have a background in general accounting, cost accounting, financial reporting and possess strong skills in each of these areas. This candidate should be detail-oriented and hands-on.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Accounting Duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform monthly close operations
• Prepare journal entries on a monthly basis for the various production activities including bottling, bulk wine purchases/sales, purchasing and production clearing, standard to actual adjustments, etc.
• Prepare reconciliations for all inventory and inventory-related accounts
• Manage Compliance activities
• Review work performed by staff accountant
• Gross Margin analysis and reporting
• Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
Costing Duties include but are not limited to:
• Create and maintain standard costs through validation of inputs.
• Extract the necessary financial information for reporting and analysis of standard to actual cost variance analysis.
• Be the costing expert for all product cost accounting including grapes, bulk wine, dry supplies and finished goods
• Perform on-going monthly analysis of standard to actual variances captured on the balance sheet for bulk wine, packaging materials and overhead accounts.
• Prepare projections of expected standard to actual cost differences (bulk wine, dry goods, overhead) for review with operations finance manager.
• Perform financial accounting and reporting activities associated with assigned groups, including month and year-end accounting, and closing activities. Support finance and operation departments in developing tools necessary to track spending actual vs. budget variances.
• Manage Grape contract schedules and reconciles actual tons and dollars by grower to contracted amounts and budgeted amounts.
Inventory Duties include but are not limited to:
• Communicate and work with all departments including but not limited to shipping & receiving, production, and business development to establish sound and proper processes and procedures as well as ensure that those processes and procedures are adhered to maintain accurate reporting.
• Support year-end inventory counts and reconciliation process in coordination with Inventory & Warehouse teams Research and analyzes inventory and cycle count discrepancies to find the root cause of the error.
Requirements and Skills Necessary for the Position:
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or business and two to four years’ experience or equivalent combination education/experience 5 years relevant experience for a mid-size company is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or business and one to two years’ experience or equivalent combination education/experience 3 years relevant experience for a mid-size company is required.
• An understanding of GAAP and the ability to perform analyses
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly relay information
• Proficient at Excel; advanced skills highly desirable
• Ability to work with large datasets.
• Able to work independently and fulfill commitments within specified deadlines
• Able to maintain accurate documentation and perform quality work with accuracy and attention to detail
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees; team player
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities for multiple projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit, operate a computer keyboard, calculator, telephone and other office equipment, read, talk and hear for extended periods of time. Must possess vision, hearing and sufficient digital manipulation skills to utilize a computer keyboard and other office equipment. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and carry up to 45 lbs. Overtime is required at certain times of the year, particularly at year-end and during other critical financial periods.
Rack & Riddle is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rack & Riddle
499 Moore Lane
Healdsburg, CA 95448
Please submit your application by filling out the form below:
Learn more about how we can assist you with sparkling or still wine production. We're here to help.